QR Codes for Labels & Stickers
QR codes for labels & stickers provide an opportunity to guide consumers towards a website or advertising campaign.
QR code basics.
If you are just starting out with how to print QR codes on labels and stickers for your products, it is a good idea to adhere to a couple of basics.
- Make sure your QR Code is positioned in a place on your label that is easy to see and, most importantly, easy to scan. Also, if you are placing a QR code on a curved surface, you'll want to make sure that the QR code is not too large so that scanning is not affected by the curvature.
- Don't assume everyone knows what a QR code is and how it works. Include simple instructions near the code to guide people on how to scan it. Something as simple as the line “Scan the QR code with your smartphone for instructional video” can have a dramatic impact of your scan metrics.
- Consider creating an incentive for people to scan your QR code, an offer or promotion. Even if you don't have a promotion to offer, you can still extoll the benefits of visiting your website as an incentive to scan.
Top 5 ways to use QR codes on your labels and stickers.
Custom QR codes on stickers and labels can be used in a number of ways that offer value for both you and your customers.
- Enhance your social media presence. While printed advertising still offers its own unique value, no attempt to further a brand is complete without generating and maintaining a healthy social media presence. QR codes are a great way to guide your audience to your online profiles on Twitter, Facebook, TikTok etc. This is a proven way to generate visits and likes in short space of time in order to increase the visibility of these pages.
- Offer value for money. While QR codes on product tags are a great way of adding value after a purchase, custom QR Codes on stickers can be a great way to guide people to a purchase.
- Offer content incentives. An incentive doesn't always have to be a discount. Your QR codes can link to great content that entertains as well as enhances your brand's image.
- Streamline your label. If your product needs to offer a great deal of information e.g.; nutritional information, return address labels, instructions for use, product registrations, mailing labels etc. you can streamline your label and reduce unsightly clutter by adding a QR Codes that links to all the additional information you need. You can even use this as an extra opportunity to guide visitors to other promotions and advertising content.
- Keep it simple with a website link. If you are confident in your brand's ability to generate interest, you can avoid the hard sell and simply use a dynamic QR code as a way of making it easy for customers to find your website. This strategy is ideally suited to established brands with a loyal customer base.
Need a QR code for your labels and stickers?